Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The results are in...

I know I should be creative and post some funny story about our pregnancy or thoughts or--at the very least--our trip to the hospital for our ultra sound, but I just don't have the energy today. I could also post photos from the CD they gave us and make you figure out the blobs (two? or three?). I could even post a picture of the 7 outfits I bought on sale at Babies R Us less than 3 hours after we left the hospital...

But I'll just go ahead and shout our exciting, wonderful, surprising news:

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!

We're actually having a baby girl! I didn't know they made those!!!

And, yes, I would have been VERY happy with a boy... I love my boys! I never have been able to imagine myself being a mom to girls (Nicole has already promised to tutor me in the art of bow-tying) and it seems to be working out great with managing the two boys I have...

BUT. I'm incredibly excited to change it up and try out life as a Mom to a Daughter. This will be a whole new adventure!!

5 comments:

The Hillbergs said...

Looks like they are having a sale on girls or something --everyone I know who is pregnant or who has recently given birth has had a GIRL! Yea - someone to get our toenails painted with (maybe the dads are right -- its just not proper to paint our little boy's toenails)

Melissa said...

That's awesome. Congrats. I actually didn't know "they" made boys! :) You and Courtney have that common bond of your sweet little daughter having plenty of protection from the men in her life, her older brother's hot friends when she's a teenager, as well as a daddy who will be wrapped so tight around her finger it isn't even funny! I'd love to see the ultrasound pic if you feel up to posting it. Time for some pink in the Hoch house!

Jodi @ SNAPPED said...

YAY!~
Congratulations!!!!!!!
You are a GREAT mom to your sweet boys, but I am so thrilled you will get to experience a girl.
What fantastic news!
Post those pictures!!!
Names??? :)

Sydney said...

AAHHHHHHHHH....... I could say something very sweet and sincere but really, all I want to do is say AAAHHHHHHH!!! Yeah for you guys. So it can be done. That gives me a ray of hope for the day when we decide we're up for a third!

Once again, AAAHHHHHHHH!!!

~Michelle said...

Yay! Congrats on your baby girl!