Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Gift

Brad's office gave him a Christmas gift of $100. I thought that was very nice and mentioned to my mom that we were adding it to our other money gifts and trying to decide how to spend our little pot of cash.

She said I should let Brad spend the $100 on anything he wanted. I agreed and brought it up this morning. Here's how the conversation went:

Tara: My mom said you should get to keep your $100 and spend it on whatever you want.
Brad: Okay. (smiles)
Tara: I mean, you're the one who puts up with all their crap every day, so you should get to keep the money.
Brad: Cool. (chuckles)
Tara: Of course, WE put up with a lot of crap because of them, too...
Brad: Yeah, you do! Maybe you should keep the money and spend it on whatever YOU want.
Tara: Awesome! Thanks.

Happy New Year, Faithful Readers!!

4 comments:

mikeandmelissafisher said...

Why oh why can't my life be as humorous as yours?? :)

Still chuckling, miss you guys, and hope life w/ the 3 kids is treating you well!

Sydney said...

So what you gonna buy? A day of pampering? New skinny clothes? A new lens for your camera? Oh, do share!

The Hillbergs said...

What's so odd about that conversation? I don't see humor, I see logic!

The Hillbergs said...

Dear Tara and Brad --- I am really hoping that you will begin posting blogs again -- I'm anxious to see photos of your family!! How are you???? Are you surviving 3 children?
love -- Hillberg Clan