We had a good time seeing the sights anyway, and enjoyed the day with our great friend Amy and Brad's brother Jeff. Jonah enjoyed the atmosphere, but was definitely tired of walking about half-way through the day. Oh well.
We stayed with Brad's brother Jeff, who lives in Queens. I love this pic of Brad and the boys walking down to the subway station to meet Jeff when he got home from work.
I can't say our trip to NYC was all roses, but all the hassle was worth it for our one Big Night Out. Jeff stayed home with the kids so Brad and I could hit Broadway. I don't want to hype up the show too much, in case some of you are planning to see it, but I do have to say that it fully met my expectations. Okay... if you don't want to hear any more about Wicked, lest you find yourself disappointed when you're expectations aren't met, stop reading. It was freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!! It was, by far, the best musical I've ever seen. I haven't seen a lot, mind you, but I do really really love musicals, and I think this was the best ever. Really. I'm going back to the city in the fall and I will choose Wicked over all of the fabulous shows I haven't seen. There.
I should write more about our trip and some of our other crazy experiences this month, but I'm exhausted and heading to bed. I've been a total slacker and wanted to get something up (finally), so people won't stop logging on... I won't make any promises to add more soon, but I will try. We've taken hundreds of photos and had quite extensive activities, so there's no shortage of fodder for blogs...I just can't find the time. Maybe when it's slow, boring, and too hot in July I'll catch up.
Yeah, kind of like I'll catch up on scrapbooking when the kids are in school.
Happy summer everyone!
2 comments:
Yeah, a post!!
What a fun trip to NYC! Do you want a sidekick in the Fall to see Wicked with you? If I have any cash leftover from paying my mortgage in my big swanky house in my swanky neighborhood, I'd love to join you....seriously.....WAIT- you're having a baby, when are you going to go back?
Glad you're busy, enjoy your summer!
I am so jealous of you guys!!!! But, it does help that we are coming to visit soon! Tara, I love all the new blog entries and I need your wisdom in how to use this "blog" thingy!!!
Miss you!
Post a Comment