


I know it's silly or juvenile or whatever, but maybe my fascination and affection are results of being a band geek. (Actually I should never call myself a band geek. See, in my very small town, the band was cool. Seriously! There were only about 300 people in our entire high school and almost 150 of them were in the band. Unfortunately, my group never got to go to the parade, but several groups before my time made the cut. How glamorous. As you can imagine, I was never familiar with the term "band geek" until I got to college. People in college called us that all the time!) Whatever you call me, I'm a girl who played in various types of bands for about 13 years. I love parades. Especially Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
So last year, as I was watching the parade on TV (for about the 34th time), I thought about how amazing it would be to actually GO to the parade. Believe it or not, we live only about 3 hours from NYC! So while we're living on the East Coast (ish) we should definitely make plans, right? I looked all over the internet and found the best places to stay for parade view, etc. Most of them start (and finish, I imagine) taking reservations on Thanksgiving Day one year in advance and the reservation fee (100% of the room charge) is nonrefundable. I wasn't ready to cough up $400-600 yet, so I put it off.
I sort of forgot about booking a room as the excitement of the Big Day wore off. It turns out that was very good luck and I'm glad I didn't decide to cough up the nonrefundable big bucks, because once again I will be watching The Parade on TV...
in my room on the 3rd floor of Hershey Medical Center. Do you think the smell of delicious food cooking in the cafeteria will be the same as all the other years?
3 comments:
O Tara!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a creative way to tell!
I am SO excited for you.
Welcome to being "outnumbered parents"!!
Blessings!
~Jodi
God had a reason for letting you "forget" to book a hotel-He knew you'd be having another munchkin next fall. Did the doc determine your due date to be Thanksgiving? Have your C section just a few days prior so you can come home to a nice cooked Thanksgiving meal...provided you have some family visiting who can make it all for you. :)
By the way, I saw Jade last night and shared your news. She was so excited for you guys! She also said that "Amber Kistler's OCD puts yours to shame and you'd be very happy to know that your Mtn. Home house is perfectly decorated and clean and everything is just so". :)
So fun to talk to you yesterday! I'm so glad it's you having your third before I have my third. If you would have ever asked me what it was like with 3 kids I'd probably sugar coat it for you but I know when I ask you, I'll get the cold, hard truth!!
So I guess your hosting Thanksgiving this year at your house huh?? (Or should I say Brad is hosting at least your parents:) didn't you have a house full when Jackson was born? Throw in a birth and a baby and you're going to be one popular spot!
Congratulations to you!
Post a Comment