Monday, January 7, 2008

Stalking Sydney

Um... my blog title (What's a Blog?) says it all. I seriously don't really know what a blog is. I know this doesn't make sense--especially since I'm (aparently) posting an entry--and that it means I'm not fully participating in this century, but it's true. I hear people throwing the term "blog" around like it's no big deal. I try to nod and smile and act like I know what they mean, but I really don't get it.

But. I have this friend who's completely amazing. She's beautiful and funny and smart and one of the best moms I've ever known. And SHE blogs. And I stalk her site. Sydney was one of my surprise friends from the last few months we lived in Idaho. We have boys almost exactly the same age and we share some of the great loves in life: food, family, books, and stalking friends. Okay, that sounds bad; I just mean we like to look at what other people are doing and what their kids look like. Hmmm... that's even worse. Let's see... how about... we cherish friends and family and don't have a lot of free time for phone calls and e-mails, so we enjoy keeping up with them online?

So, thanks to Sydney, I'm starting a blog, so people can keep up with me, too. I have no idea what to post and even less of a clue how to put pictures on the site, but the hardest part is starting, right? Right.

Check back in 6 months and you can prove me wrong; the hardest part isn't starting, it's keeping up. Sort of like running. I don't know why everyone says the hardest part is starting. I think the first few steps are enjoyable; it's the next 10,000 I don't really like. Oooh! I know: I'll post an entry about running and how much I hate it. Now everyone will want to stalk MY site. Get your own blog, stalkers!

PS I actually have a photo of me sitting at the computer, so I'll try to post it here:

4 comments:

Tod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tod said...

Great post :) You have been stalked (or as I prefer to call it...snooped!)

mikeandmelissafisher said...

I love your sense of humor :) I miss you!

Melissa said...

ha ha-you are so funny. you always crack me up. i'll totally comment on your "i hate running" blog when you post it! :)